This post may contain affiliate links.
These oven baked meatballs are incredibly juicy, flavorful and tender that will make you ask for more. Seasoned to perfection with spices and herbs that are easy to find and ready between 30 – 40 minutes. Whenever I think of eating meatballs, a bowl of spaghetti with some marinara sauce comes to mind and trust me, it’s a delicious one. Homemade meatballs taste much better than store bought frozen meatballs.
You might have come across countless meatball recipes, but this recipe will become your favorite because it has been tasted and approved. These meatballs are baked and not fried, so it’s a healthy melt in your mouth delicacy.
What do you need for this recipe?
- Ground Beef: You need ground or minced beef. You can add half potion of pork or veal. Either frozen or fresh will work. Allow frozen to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Egg: Adds moisture to meatballs making them extra juicy . Also acts as a binder to the mixture.
- Breadcrumbs: Store bought or homemade breadcrumbs will work just fine for this recipe.
- Onion: Fresh onion pops up that inviting flavor of the meatballs.
- Fresh Herbs: If using dried herbs, I recommend using some fresh herbs too for perfect taste and flavor.
- Salt, Pepper and seasoning powder: For overall taste.
- Use beef with some fat for juicy meatballs. 100% Lean beef will dry off quickly.
- Using an Ice cream scoop makes all balls have same sizes and cook evenly.
- Do not over cook meatballs like they will tend to dry off or less juicy.
How to preserve Meatballs?
Meatballs can also stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 1.5 lb Beef minced or ground
- 2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 1 tsp All purpose seasoning
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Bouillon powder or any Seasoning Powder
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ cup Fresh herbs Chopped. I used sage, rosemary, Cilantro. Use any fresh herbs for flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking pan with a parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, add the minced beef with the rest of the ingredients and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out beef. Using your wet palms or greased palms, roll balls to about 2 diameter.
- Transfer balls into the lined baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes till they reach an internal temperature of about 165°F.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess fat. Let it cool for about 2 minutes, then serve and enjoy.