Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes Skillet – A deliciously juicy and tender steak with crispy pan-grilled potatoes in garlic butter sauce just ready for dinner in no time. Look no further than this recipe if you want something savory yet quick for dinner.
Check out these other recipes:
- Butterflied Chicken and Crispy Potatoes
- Baked Red Snapper with Garlic and Herbs
- Baked Lamb Chops
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken
What’s in my Beef and Potatoes?
- Steak: I used sirloin steak but any tender cut will work well.
- Potatoes: I used yellow potatoes. Feel free to use Yukon gold, red potatoes and russet potatoes. Cut into the same sizes so that they cook evenly and quickly.
- Fresh Herbs: Gives this dish a deep flavour.
- Spices: Black pepper, salt, paprika, enhances the flavour and taste of this dish.
- Worcestershire sauce: Helps to tenderize the beef.
- Butter: For flavour and taste.
- Hot sauce: For a kick of heat
- Garlic: For good fragrance.
Important Recipe Tips
- Boil potatoes to ensure crisp and fluff. Potatoes mustn’t be fully cooked. Pan grill with the cut side facing down to ensure crispy edges.
- Do not overcrowd the pan when searing the beef and potatoes.
- You can also use a variation of spices like creole, cajun, old bay and your favourite seasonings.
- Cook the beef or steak to your doneness.
- If using a cast iron pan, make sure you scrap it before making the sauce.
- If you want extra gravy or a variation, add some beef broth, cooking wine, or lemon juice. If using lemon juice, neutralize the acidity with some honey or brown sugar.
Storage and Reheating.
- Cooled leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To bring back the crispiness, add little oil to a pan on medium heat and reheat in the oven at 400F for about 5-7 minutes.
- Can be in the freezer for up to 2 months, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
For the Beef
- 1 lb Steak sirloin, ribeye, flank or any cut. Cut into cubed chunks.
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
For the Potatoes
- 1.5 lb Potatoes red, yellow or golden. Cut into halves.
- Pinch or salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
For the sauce
- 3-4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Hot sauce sriracha or any hot sauce
- In a pot of boiling water, add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the beef chunks, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, paprika and mix well. Set aside to marinate.
- Drain the potatoes, add the oil to the skillet on medium heat and pan-grill the potatoes for about 3-4 mins each side till the edges become crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Add some cooking oil to the same skillet and cook the beef for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove beef and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter, and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and hot sauce. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Now bring in the potato and beef to the skillet, and stir well till coated with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.