This Chocolate Cream Cheese Bundt Cake has the softest and moistest crumb with a melt-in-your-mouth swirl of cream cheese.
The look of this cake is attractive indeed, trust me, it tastes just as good as it looks. Perfect for any gatherings and occasions.
Why you will love this cake.
- Easy to make: You don’t need to cream or beat sugar and butter for this recipe. Once you have all the correct measurements for the ingredients set, mix all according to the recipe card and bake.
- Very flavorful: Imagine the flavor combination of chocolate and cream cheese. It is heavenly, your home will be filled with sweetness when baking this beauty (laughs).
- Very moist: It’s very moist with the softest crump ever. Once you take a slice, I bet you, you will ask or take another.
Ingredients to use:
- All-purpose flour
- Yogurt or cream cheese
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Hot water.
How to make Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- Grease and flour the baking pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the chocolate cake in a bowl.
- Then mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. Now combine the wet and dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth, then bring in the other ingredients for the cream cheese and mix. Check the recipe card for a detailed recipe.
- Pour some of the chocolate batters into the pan, followed by the cream cheese mix, and lastly the chocolate batter. Check the recipe card for a detailed recipe.
- Bake in the oven until a stick or tester comes out clean.
- The flour: Cake flour and all-purpose flour work well for this recipe.
- Buttermilk: Use store-bought buttermilk or homemade buttermilk. ( Mix 1 cup liquid milk with 1 tbsp of white vinegar or lemon juice). I used the homemade version.
- Yogurt or Sour cream
- Instant coffee or expresso powder.
- If you don’t like or don’t have cream cheese, Skip it and still enjoy a moist chocolate cake.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator and freeze for up to a month.
For the Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Yogurt or sour cream, not very cold
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Coffee optional
- ¾ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Buttermilk store-bought or mix 1 cup milk with 1 tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice for homemade buttermilk.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Boiling water
- ½ cup Oil
For the Cream Cheese filling
- 250g Cream Cheese 1 brick softened
- 1 large Egg at room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
To Grease Pan
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease the baking pan with butter or oil, then sprinkle flour all over the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, salt baking powder, and baking soda using a whisk or hand mixer.
- In another bowl, add the oil, eggs, buttermilk, and yogurt and mix to combine.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix using a whisk till combined. Now add the hot boiling water, then mix again till uniform. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Then add the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Pour ⅔ of the chocolate mixture into the prepared baking pan, then add the cream cheese mixture on top making sure it doesn't touch the edges of the pan.Note: The batter will be thick, so be careful as you place it inside the pan. Use a spoon to ease putting it.
- Pour the remaining chocolate batter on the top and transfer to a preheated oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until a tester or stick comes out clean. The stick might have some rolled-up crumbs which is just okay.
- When ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking pan for 30 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool for 2 hours.
- For my glaze, I use added melted butter to Nutella and poured it on the cake or put any topping of your choice.
- Now cut and serve. ENJOY!