This Oven Baked Lamb Chops recipe is the easiest, tastiest and juiciest you will ever make. Very tender and moist which is just perfect for any gathering, holiday or even movie night. Many people are sceptical when it comes to cooking lamb chops, but trust me, if you follow this recipe detailly, you will be a pro in making lamb chops.
Lamb chops can be cooked in many ways and goes perfectly with many sides and dips. In this recipe, they are pan seared and baked just the way you will love it.
What are lamb Chops?
Lamb chops are cut from the rack of lamb which is part of the ribs and have an incredibly tender meat. It is mostly served “Bone in” and perfect for a romantic date night or dinner party.
What does it taste like?
It is a juicy meat which many people describe it as “Gamey”.
How to Cook lamb Chops:
- Marinate with a mixture of olive oil and herbs with other spices. Then cover to marinate, the longer it marinates the better.
- Pan Sear the chops on high heat in shallow oil till both sides are brown.
- Bake: Transfer to a preheated oven and bake to desired doneness.
- Serve on a plate immediately to discontinue cooking process.
What is the Cooking time time for Lamb Chops?
In this recipe, cooking temperature is 400 degree F.
- 2-5 minutes, Medium rare to medium depending on how thick meat is.
- 5-10 minutes, medium well to well done.
The best method to know internal temperature is to use a thermometer and not guessing.
- Lamb chops
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Bell pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to preserve Cooked lamb Chops:
Can be frozen for up to 3 months and can be reheated in a microwave. If no microwave, let it thaw, then bake in the oven for a short time. About 10 minutes on 300 degree F until warm.
Equipments to Use:
- Make sure they are cut evenly to ensure evenly cooking.
- Can also add your favorite seasonings.
- The longer you marinate, the more tasty it becomes.
- Make sure lamb comes to room temperature before cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the pan. Avoid overlapping.
- Bake to perfection.
What to serve with Lamb Chops?
Oven Baked Lamb Chops Recipe
- 8 Lamb Chops medium size
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Thyme dried
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- ½ Red bell pepper
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- Fresh Parsley
- Roughly process or blend the ½ red bell pepper, fresh parsley and garlic with a processor or chopper.
- Using a chopping board, divide the lamb rack into 8 chops (Depends how many chop your rack has).
- Transfer lamb into a bowl, add the chopped bell pepper mix with the rest of the ingredients and mix with your hands till well coated.
- Cover with a cloth or plastic and let it marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator, but should come back to room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- In a cast iron skillet, add about 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, oil has to be very hot. Add lamb chops and sear each side for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat process for the rest of the chops.
- After all the chops have been seared, now transfer to the skillet. Avoid overlapping at this point, like the lamb chop under won't be fully cooked. Now put skillet into the hot oven.
- Bake at 400°F for 2-5( medium rare - medium), or 5-10 minutes (medium well- well done).
- If your skillet couldn't carry all 8 lamb chops, repeat the process with the rest. Make sure you wipe the skillet before putting next batch.
- Now remove from the oven and skillet and serve on a plate. If left in the skillet, it continues cooking.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite side and dip. Enjoy.