These Crispy Baked Potato Wedges are insanely delicious and are ready in just minutes. Once you try these, you will ask for more. Fluffy, yet Crispy!
They are healthier than fried potatoes, and much better than those from restaurants or pubs. This a quick and easy-to-follow recipe perfect for busy days, but you want to enjoy something very delicious.
Why this recipe will work
- The combination of spices and fresh herbs bursts out those deep and inviting flavors.
- Roast potatoes on high heat to make them very crispy on the outside and super fluffy on the inside.
- A healthier option, because no deep frying is needed but baking with just little oil.
- A very versatile side dish. Perfect with fish, chicken, and steaks. I don’t joke with my medium-rare steak and potato wedges.
- Potatoes: I used Russet potatoes because the skin is extra crispy when baked. Yukon gold is also perfect. I always recommend not peeling the potatoes because the skin is filled with many nutrients and I love the crunch and crispiness it creates.
- Cornstarch: My secret ingredients for extra crispy baked potatoes.
- Oil or Melted Butter: Helps to make it extra crispy and for flavor.
- Fresh herbs: For a kick of deep flavors.
- Garlic and Paprika: For taste, aroma, and color.
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes: For a kick of heat. Feel free to skip or adjust according to the spicy level
How to Make Extra Crispy Potatoes Wedges
- Wash potatoes and cut them into wedges. Make sure sizes are the same so they all cook evenly.
- Transfer into a bowl and season with all the ingredients, toss to coat.
- Place on a lined or greased baking tray, make sure they don’t overlap.
- Bake for 40 minutes and turn them halfway through cooking time.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Important Recipe Tips and Notes.
- For extra crispy wedges, soak in salt water for about 30 minutes to reduce starch. Make sure you pat dry after.
- You can also boil for 10 minutes, drain the water and roughen the potatoes, then bake.
- Make sure the cut side is lying flat for extra crispy potatoes. Avoid overcrowding.
- Even if the baking sheet is lined, grease it with oil so that the potatoes are crispy.
Can it be Air fried?
Yes! Preheat the air fryer to 400F and air fry for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Can it be a plan-ahead recipe?
Freshly cut potato wedges can be stored in cold water in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days before baking. Drain and pat dry.
How do I preserve leftovers?
Put in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To Freeze, allow to cool then transfer into an airtight container for up to 2-3 months and thaw in the fridge overnight.
Reheat in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes till well heated.
What to Serve with Potato Wedges
Extra Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 5-6 Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup Melted butter or oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Blackpepper
- 2 tsp Chilli flakes I used chilli sauce, optional
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Fresh thyme and rosemary or any herbs, finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. You can still use the baking sheet without the parchment paper, but make sure it's greased.
- Wash potatoes with a brush thoroughly to get rid of any dirt or debris. You don't need to peel the potatoes.
- Using a knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise and transfer into a bowl of water, rinse to remove some starch.
- Add some cold or ice-cold water to the potatoes and let it rest for about 30 minutes, the longer the better.
- Rinse again and throw the water, pat dry with a kitchen or paper towel.
- Add all the ingredients to the potatoes and coat very well. Save some herbs for garnishing.
- Arrange and spread the potatoes on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes and flip sides halfway through cooking time till they are golden and well cooked.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the remaining herb and serve immediately.