Who dosen’t like that extra crisp on roasted potatoes? I bet no one. Oven Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes are the perfect side for any meals, be it fish, chicken, or beef. These savory potatoes are super crispy on the outside and tender inside, just a melt in your mouth side dish. They are quick and easy, just follow the recipe and you will never roast potatoes any other way. I recommend you watch the Full Video as well.
This recipe can be adjusted with your favorite seasonings too, like I always say, my recipes are just a guide.
- You can also use your favorite dried herbs.
- Adjust garlic if you aren’t a garlic lover.
- Can reduce, add or skip chilli flakes.
How to Roast Potatoes to be EXTRA CRISPY:
- First, choose the right potatoes to roast, like Yukon gold potatoes, russet, fingerlings and red potatoes. Baby potatoes too, be it red or yellow.
- Make sure they are cut uniformly so they cook evenly.
- Parboil potatoes, this helps break down the outer surface so it crisps up more.
- Roast on very hot temperature 400 degree F.
- Spread evenly on the pan. Avoid overlapping because, the ones under won’t be crispy.
- Also, oil or butter helps create the perfect crispy crust.
- Cornstarch is also a good ingredient to make potatoes very crispy just the way you want it.
Ingredients to use:
- Potatoes: Choose perfect roasting potatoes, list of potatoes are aforementioned.
- Garlic and Parmesan cheese: They will stick to the potatoes forming a perfect crisp and golden color.
- Cornstarch: Yes, cornstarch provides a top level of crisp to any baking dish. Toss the potatoes with cornstarch, butter or oil. Don’t miss that out.
- Butter: Also makes potatoes crispy and flavorful. If you aren’t a butter lover, substitute with olive oil, canola or sunflower oil.
- Herbs and Spices: Adds up flavor and taste.
- If you want potatoes extra golden, broil for about 3-5 minutes.
- Can also be airfried.
- If you don’t want to parboil, bake longer for about 40-50 minutes.
- Allow potatoes to cool before serving, so crispy crust forms.
What to serve with Roasted Potatoes?
Check out my Youtube Channel for grilled and baked fish, beef and chicken to enjoy these potatoes with.
Roasted Garlic Butter Parmesan Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds Baby Potatoes washed and cut into halves, yellow or red potatoes.
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Parsley dry
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ cup Butter unsalted, melted.
- 1 tbsp Corn starch
- 2 tsp Chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Blackpepper freshly cracked
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Cut potatoes into halves and parboil in boiling water for 10 minutes, this will ease the roasting process making them tender and crispy.
- After 10minutes, drain water and transfer into a bowl. Add in the cornstarch and half portion of the melted butter and mix.
- In a baking pan, add the all the ingredients and mix. Spread mixture evenly on the pan.
- Transfer parboiled potatoes to the pan with the "cut" side down of the pan. This is the tip to make it super crispy.
- Now put into the preheated oven bake at 400° for about 30 minutes, until they are brown and crispy on the cut surface and edges. Should be in the bottom or middle rack of the oven.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for about 3 minutes. ENJOY.