Easy and hearty 15-minute Pan-seared Snapper is just perfect for dinner. Anything red snapper, count me in.
A combination of honey and mustard basted all over a flaky juicy pan-seared snapper fillet which is super delicious, quick to make, and very healthy. The ingredients for this recipe are easy to get and mostly pantry items. After this recipe, you will be left wondering why you haven’t made it ever since. This recipe also has good feedbacks on YouTube, Check out the full Video.
You can use this same recipe for whole red snapper, but not to sear, you will need to oven grill or bake like in this recipe
- Red snapper fillets: I recommend fresh or thawed fillets. Pat dry to get rid of excess water. Feel free to use any fish fillets of your choice.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard or dry mustard gives it tons of taste and flavour. I used both in this recipe. You can use either Dijon or dry mustard. If you don’t have any, add lemon juice to the recipe.
- Honey: to neutralize the acidic taste of the mustard and for a sweet contrast.
- Parsley and Garlic: For taste and flavour.
- White wine: To deglaze the pan. Can be substituted with water or broth. Also makes a perfect sauce or gravy.
- Chilli Flakes: For little heat. Can be adjusted accordingly.
- Salt, Pepper, and Seasoning powder to taste.
Why Red Snapper?
Red Snapper is a moist, meaty, firm texture white fish with a good taste. It’s very versatile and can be grilled, broiled, baked, etc. It’s also a nice ingredient for soups and stews.
Can I use frozen fillets?
Since this recipe calls for pan searing, frozen won’t work because marinade won’t penetrate those layers and defrosting will take a long time in the pan. Frozen fish can be used if you want to air fry or bake.
Can I use any Fish Fillets?
Yes. Any fillets will work just fine but make sure you adjust the cooking time according to how thick it is.
How long can I bake or Airfry?
Airfry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Make sure you open halfway through and baste with the remaining marinade then flip sides and apply the marinade again. Also, you can Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
What Can I Serve with Fish Fillets?
If You love Red Snapper then check out these recipes
Pan Seared Red Snapper Fillets Recipe
- 2 Red snapper fillets or any fish fillets.
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Seasoning powder bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Mustard powder Optional
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup White wine to Deglaze or broth, water.
- Pat dry fish fillets with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper evenly on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the white wine. Stir till combined.
- Using a brush, apply marinade on both sides of the fish generously. Save ½ tbsp of the marinade.
- In a hot pan, add some oil. Now put the fish and sear each side for about 2-3 minutes depending on how thick your fillets are.
- Remove and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine or water or broth and add the remaining marinade and stir.
- Now add the fish and baste with sauce for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with a choice of side.