These Roasted Potatoes are super crispy on the outside and so fluffy on the inside. Who doesn’t love the feel of that crisp? I sometimes wonder. They are so easy to make and a perfect side to many dishes, like beef, fish, chicken, and even veggies, you name it. This Recipe Video has been on youtube for a while and the feedbacks are excellent. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking.
Tips for extra Crispy Potatoes
- Cut all potatoes approximately the same size. This will help cook evenly and gives a nice crisp.
- Grease the baking pan with oil or a mist of oil spray. Can also use parchment paper. This helps prevent the potatoes, from sticking to the surface of the pan and helps to maintain that crispiness.
- Parboiling the potatoes is very important to get the inside tender when roasting.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan, avoid overlapping. If overlapping, the potatoes beneath won’t be crispy.
- Flip potatoes once or twice during roasting for evenly brown edges or crispiness.
- Potatoes: Organic or inorganic can be used, make sure they a perfectly scrubbed and washed.
- Melted Butter: Can use olive oil or your favorite oil. If using salted butter, reduce salt in the recipe.
- Seasonings: Can add your favorite to the list of other seasonings in the recipe.
- Herbs: Fresh or dry herbs work fine.
Which type of potatoes is the best for Roasting? Most often, Yukon gold potatoes, russet potatoes, baby potatoes, red potatoes, and fingerling potatoes hit my top list.
What to serve with roasted potatoes.
- Grilled, baked, air-fried, or pan-seared fish. check this video Fish Playlist on Youtube.
- Chicken recipes on Youtube
- Beef or Steak on Youtube
Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound Potatoes Yukon gold
- ¼ cup Butter Melted
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Parsley dried or fresh
- 2 tsp. Seasoning salt or any salt
- 1 tsp. Blackpepper
- 2 tsp. Thyme dried
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or grease pan with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Cut Potatoes into cubes about ¾ inch in size. They should be uniform for even cooking.
- Boil potatoes with 1 tsp of salt for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, remaining salt, paprika, thyme, parsley, garlic powder and blackpepper and stir till combined. If using salted butter, adjust salt.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain. Transfer into another bowl and let it airdry, this takes about 1-2min.
- Add the butter mix to the potatoes and stir so that each potato gets some of that epic seasoning.
- Transfer into the lined or greased baking pan, put in the oven, Bake 400°F for 30-40mins. Don't over crowd baking pan, and avoid overlapping.
- Half way through, flip sides with spatula, rearrange again so that they are evenly spaced out and bake until potatoes have brown edges.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- You can also use some of your favorite herbs or seasonings.
- If you don't like cooking with butter, use your favorite cooking oil.