Had a long day and feel so tired? But if you want something delicious and quick, I got you. This Easy Baked Fish Fillet in 20 minutes is just what you need. Easy, tasty, simple, and healthy dinner that you and the whole family will love. When it comes to fish, my husband loves fish more than I do, I make fish in various ways using a combination of perfect ingredients. So, you are in the perfect place for fish recipes. I have over 200 fish recipes on Youtube check it out.
Why Basa Fillets?
Basa fillets are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Due to its low calorie, it’s perfect for those on a diet, unlike other white fish. It has a similar taste to cod and haddock.
What is the best fish to use?
- Red Snapper
You can either use fresh or frozen fish. Fresh fish has a better texture, nevertheless, if using frozen, thoroughly thaw and pat dry to get rid of extra moisture or water which can make it soggy.
Fish fillets can be served with sides of choice like rice, veggies, and potatoes.
How to prevent Fish Fillet from sticking to grill or baking pan:
This is one question I am being asked often on Youtube, it’s so frustrating when you take all the time to prep and season fish then it ends up sticking to the pan. Create a barrier between pan and fish by:
- Lining the pan with a baking sheet, and parchment paper, before placing the fish. Grease the baking sheets with a thin layer of cooking oil or mist of cooking spray.
- Suspend fish in a baking pan by putting lemon slices or veggies beneath.
You can watch Full Video Here. In this video, I used Cod but the same ingredients and method.
Easy Baked Basa Fish Fillets in 20 minutes
- 1 Basa fillet skinless
- 1 tsp. Dry parsley
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. Chili flakes
- 1 tsp. Fish seasoning
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ Black pepper
- Lemon slices
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Prepare the oven and preheat it to 400 degrees F.
- Pat dry fish fillet from both sides using a paper towel and place it in a baking pan lined with parchment paper or lemon slices.
- Add garlic powder, dry parsley, Italian seasoning, chili flakes, fish seasoning, paprika, blackpepper and salt in a small bowl, and mix well.
- Generously sprinkle the spices and seasoning mixture on one side of the fish fillet and rub gently using your hand to make an even coating.
- Drizzle olive oil and pat gently. Repeat the same procedure on the other sides of the fillet. Keep 2 or 3 lemon slices under the fish.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until flaky. Remove from oven, transfer to the serving plate and serve with your favorite garnishing and sides.