If you have overripe bananas and need help with what to do with them, look no further than this recipe. These are sweet, crunchy, and soft treats ready under 30 minutes. No proofing time is needed.
This flavorful and mouthwatering dish can be enjoyed as breakfast, side dish, dessert and snack. A versatile one, indeed.
Why Choose This Recipe?
- Bananas are a great source of potassium, vitamin C and a good source of energy.
- No proofing time is needed.
- Easy to find ingredients.
- Very sweet and delicious. Once you take a bite, you’ll go for another.
- Easy and quick recipe.
WHAT’S IN MY BANANA FRITTERS
- Overripe Bananas: The key ingredient. It must be ripe to give the fritter that moist texture and sweet taste. The quickest way to make bananas overripe is to bake them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes until blackened and soft to the touch. Let it cool before using.
- Flour: Helps to bind the ingredients together. You can substitute it for gluten-free flour.
- Eggs: For crunch and richness of the batter.
- Oil: For moistness and for it to stay moist for days.
- Cinnamon powder pairs perfectly with banana, creating sweetness and flavour.
- Baking powder: As a raising agent. NO YEAST.
- Salt to taste.
- Vanilla Extract for flavour.
How to make Banana Fritters
Check the recipe card at the end of this post for a detailed recipe.
- Mash the bananas using a fork or potato masher.
- In a bowl, whisk the oil, eggs, mashed banana milk and vanilla extract.
- Now add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt. Mix well until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve when cool.
Storage and Reheating
- Store in the refrigerator for at least three days and freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in an air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F for 5 mins till well heated.
After frying, you can sprinkle powdered sugar, maple syrup or any glaze you choose. It’s also good with yogurt, tea or coffee.
Easy Banana Fritters Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Large Overripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a plate or bowl, mash the bananas using a fork or masher.
- Whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, milk, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and oil.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until a pasty batter is formed.
- In a pot, add vegetable oil. It should be at least 2-3 inches deep. Let the heat up to 350℉ (medium heat).
- Scoop the batter into the hot oil using an ice cream scoop. Flip and fry until they are golden brown.
- Remove the balls from the oil and place them on an absorbent paper in a bowl or plate.
- Serve when cool. You can also sprinkle powdered sugar on it.