This Smoked Chipotle Chicken is juicy and filled with a deep smoky flavor which is difficult to resist. If you are searching for an easy chicken quarters recipe, look no further than this.
A treat to your tastebuds indeed, very juicy and super moist. Trust me you will love this recipe, your mouth will keep asking for more even when your stomach cannot take more.
Why this recipe will work
- Chicken quarters are inexpensive.
- Easy and quick and doesn’t need marinating time.
- When smoked, it becomes very juicy and moist.
- Chicken can be bought from any grocery store, trust me, it’s always available.
What Ingredients to use:
- Smoked chipotle powder: Any Smokin’ Chipotle rub will work or regular chipotle powder.
- Smoked paprika: Any paprika would work.
- Chicken seasoning or poultry seasoning.
- Chicken Knorr seasoning for extra taste, or any bouillon powder or crushed cube.
- Parsley and Oregano for deep flavours.
- Black pepper and Salt to taste.
Equipment to use
- Digital Thermometer: This is very important to know the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it’s well done. I used the INKBIRD Thermometer which connects to my phone through WIFI and Bluetooth and it alerts me when the chicken is done. You can get yours here -INKBIRD official website: https://inkbird.com/ -INKBIRD Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/
dp/B0C233WFYP?maas=maas_adg_ D66478252219CFF40D1DC3FAD5D4A1 2D_afap_abs&ref_=aa_maas&tag= maas
- Smoker: Any smoker works. Make sure you preheat the smoker before smoking, this will depend on the type of smoker you are using. I soaked some wood chips in water overnight, using either cherry, apple or pecan wood chips. Soaking makes them release more smoke.
- Heat charcoal till hot, then add wet wood chips, when smoke forms and reaches the required temperature, start smoking.
- Make sure the digital thermometer is in the chicken throughout smoking making sure it doesn’t touch the bone.
- Check your smoker from time to time so that the wood doesn’t fire up or overheat because you want to maintain 230-250 degrees F. My Inkbird thermometer came with 6 probes, so I inserted it in various parts of the chicken.
Now let’s make the best ever smoked chicken.
- Smoker charcoal grill
- 2 Chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Smoked chipotle powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Chicken seasoning poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp Chicken knorr seasoning bouillon
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ¼ cup Cooking oil
- Preheat smoker to 230℉
- Rub oil generously on both sides on the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the chicken rub, use a spoon to mix.
- Rub the seasoning on both sides of the chicken till evenly covered. Lift the skin and apply more rub.
- Now place the chicken on the smoker rack, and make sure the smoker temperature is between 230-250℉, it shouldn't exceed that temperature.
- Place the digital meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken. See notes for the thermometer I used.
- Smoke until the chicken is well-done. The internal temperature has to read 165℉ or 75℃.
- Remove from the smoker and serve.