This Homemade Coconut Cake is extremely moist, and fluffy, and has a perfect soft crump with a deep coconut flavor. Anything coconut, count me in because I cannot resist that intense and inviting flavor.
I sometimes wonder, who doesn’t love coconut or anything made from coconut? I guess it’s a matter of choice and preference, but this recipe is perfect for any occasion be it for kids or adults. You will pick up another slice once you are in the last bite, irresistible cake indeed.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today because it reminds me of my mom and sisters a lot. And guess what? This is the first cake ever in my ” little recipe book”, and I have never changed or updated it because it turns out perfect every time.
Why choose this recipe?
- Doesn’t require beating of the sugar and butter hence making it quick and easy.
- Has the softest crump.
- The oil makes it stay moist for days at room temperature.
- Intense coconut flavor.
Ingredients Needed and Recipe Variations.
Here are the most important ingredients to make the Moistest Coconut Cake.
- Oil: The main ingredient to keep the cake stay moist far longer than cakes made with butter.
- Coconut Milk: Both sweetened and unsweetened canned coconut milk works well. Make sure it’s at room temperature or warm to touch.
- Shredded Coconut: Adds some deep flavor and coconut shred all over the cake.
- Eggs: Eggs should be at room temperature because they mix better with the batter and rises easily.
How to preserve.
This cake can stay moist for about 3-5 days at room temperature in an air-tight container or wrap. Refrigerate in an air-tight container for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Check out these other cake recipes.
- 2½ cups All-purpose flour
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut flakes or shredded coconut plus ½ cup for the glaze
- ¼ cup Honey or syrup, or jam
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 10" or 12" baking pan with butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix with a whisk or hand mixer until it is well combined for about 2 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Now sift in the flour, and add the baking powder, 2 tbsp coconut flakes, and salt. Mix till well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix well again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350℉ for about 55-65 minutes until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 20 minutes in the baking pan, then turn out into a cooling rack and let it cool to room temperature.
- When cool, using a brush, apply the honey or maple syrup, or jam all over the cake. Then sprinkle ½ cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut on it.
- Cut and serve immediately.