This Butter Cake is scrumptious, very rich, buttery, and can stay moist for days. It’s sweet and a melt-in-your-mouth one for sure. I will call this a Fail-Proof Butter Cake Recipe.
I first shared this recipe on Youtube sometime back and the feedbacks were amazing, so, I decided to make a printable recipe based on my audience’s request. Request granted.
This cake is one of my favorites because, it’s so easy to make, quick, and stays moist for days because of the butter.
This cake is perfect for any occasion, for both kids and adults, and is so simple to make with everyday simple ingredients.
Ingredients to use:
- Butter: Should be softened at room temperature in such a way that, when touched, forms a dent.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is highly recommended for this recipe
- Buttermilk: Feel free to substitute with whole milk. It helps the cake have a perfect soft crump and makes it moist at room temperature for days.
- Baking Soda and Baking powder: I use both to prevent the cake from being dense.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar
- Eggs: Must be at room temperature
- Salt: If using salted butter, skip the salt.
- Vanilla Extract: For a deep flavor
Which Baking pan can I use?
I used a 10″ x 5″ Baking pan. You can also use a Bundt cake pan and bake same time and temperature as in the recipe card.
- Flour is the highest culprit to many baking fails or mistakes. I recommend using a kitchen scale for accuracy. Also, change the measurement to Metric in the recipe card below. If you don’t have a scale, scoop out flour with a spoon and put it into a measuring cup, then use a knife to level it.
- Make sure eggs is at room temperature, beat in one after the other, and do not overbeat.
- After pouring the cake batter into the baking pan, tap on the working surface to release trapped air bubbles.
- Do not open the oven when baking, this will cause hot air to escape making the cake to fall or sink.
How can I preserve the cake?
This butter cake can stay moist for days, just make sure it’s in an airtight container or zip lock. You can also freeze for up to 3 months.
Can I add In fruits or any toppings?
Check out these other cake recipes
- 3 cups All-purpose flour levelled
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks) softened
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt if using unsalted butter. Skip is using salted butter.
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease or flour the baking pan or loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. This will take about 4-5 minutes with a hand or stand mixer.
- Now add eggs one at a time, combining well after each batch.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and buttermilk.
- Add the flour in batches, baking powder, baking soda, and salt ending with the flour. Mix till well incorporated.
- Transfer to the greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour- 1 hour 10 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the baking pan on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the baking pan and let it sit on a wire rack to continue cooling. You can serve right away.