Yogurt Cake – A very simple yet super moist cake with few ingredients. Not everyone loves creaming or beating butter and sugar when baking, sometimes stressful and time-consuming. This recipe involves mixing everything in one bowl and BAKE! That’s it.
This is a no-fail recipe that is perfect for any occasion and will be loved by both kids and adults. Seriously, I can’t count how many times I have made this cake and it always turns out 100% perfect. So, you should give this a try, and should be in your repertoire.
Why use this recipe?
- Easy and quick to make.
- Less clean up.
- Inexpensive and easy-to-find ingredients. Mostly pantry items.
- Low sugar.
- Kids-friendly recipe with the guidance of an adult.
What Ingredients to Use and Recipe Variations.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is perfect for this recipe. This can be substituted with cake flour.
- Yogurt: I highly recommend plain, or fruit yogurt. Greek yogurt is too thick and won’t be good. Yogurt shouldn’t be too cold.
- Eggs: Eggs should be at room temperature so they can easily fold in to create a uniform and smooth batter.
- Lemon Zest and Vanilla extract: For flavor.
- Oil: Canola oil is my favorite oil when it comes to baking, feel free to use any vegetable oil of your choice. It makes the cake stays moist for days.
- Melted Butter: For moistness and flavor.
- Baking Powder acts as a raising agent and it can’t be substituted with baking soda in this recipe.
- Sugar acts as a sweetener, if you want it extra sweet, add more sugar.
- Salt to taste.
How to make Yogurt Cake
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, melted butter, and yogurt in a bowl.
- Stir in the flour, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Mix to combine
- Transfer into a baking pan and bake in the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes till a stick or tester comes out clean.
- What I usually do to have a beautiful middle crack, I put butter in the middle of the batter in the baking pan. This step is optional.
Which baking pan to use?
A 9×5 inch Loaf Pan or if using a round baking pan, bake for 35 minutes till a tester comes out clean.
Check out these other super moist cakes
How to Preserve Yogurt Cake
Let it be at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container and freeze after. I do not recommend putting the cake in the fridge because it tends to dry off. Wrap in a cling film or aluminum foil before putting the cake in the freezer.
Now let’s make the best moistest cake ever!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Yogurt plain or fruit. Shouldn't be very cold.
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Melted butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and grease a baking pan with butter or oil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oil, butter, sugar, eggs, and yogurt. Using a whisk, stir till well combined.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until a perfect batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smoothen the top.
- Bake in the middle rack of the oven at 350℉ for 40 minutes until a stick or tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit in the baking pan for 5 minutes, now transfer on to a cooling rack to cool.
- Cut and serve right away. I sprinkled some icing or powdered sugar on it before serving.