This Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Tilapia drenched in savoury lemon butter sauce is super flaky and juicy. Your taste buds will scream with joy just after one bite. This speedy recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes.
In this recipe, you need a few easy-to-find ingredients; most often, you’ll already have some at home, so if you are looking for something delicious which will be ready in no time, look no further than this recipe.
Why Choose This Recipe?
- Tilapia is a freshwater fish which is mild in flavour and very popular.
- Very affordable and easy to find.
- Easy to cook.
- It can be cooked in many ways and different kinds of ingredients.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chilli flakes
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Lemon Pepper Tilapia Fillets
Check the recipe card at the end of this post for the detailed recipe
- Combine all the ingredients (in the recipe card below) for the tilapia in a bowl and stir well.
- Pat dry the fish and rub the marinate generously on both sides of the fish.
- Add a little oil to a pan and pan-sear each side for 4 minutes until flaky.
- Remove the fish and set aside on a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same pan, add all the ingredients for the sauce (in the recipe card below) and let it simmer for about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce all over the fish and serve.
Important Recipe Tips
- Pat dry the fish to remove moisture so the spices can easily stick to the fish.
- Make sure your pan or skillet is hot to avoid sticking and soggy fish.
- If cooking in batches, remove scrapings so the next batch can be crispy.
It can be stored in an air-tight container for 3 days in the refrigerator and frozen for up to a month. Thaw in the fridge and pan sear till heated through.
Lemon Pepper Tilapia
For the Marinade
- 3 Tilapia fillets thawed
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Dried herbs
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 whole Lemon zest divided
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Parsley fresh
- ½ tsp Blackpepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
For the Sauce
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- Remaining lemon zest
- Drippings from the marinade if any or pinch of salt and blackpepper
- Add all the ingredients for the tilapia in a bowl and mix well.
- Pat dry the fish with a paper towel. Rub the marinade generously on both sides of the fish.
- In a pan, add a little oil and pan-sear each side for about 4 minutes until it's flaky.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and the drippings from the marinade. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce all over the fish and serve right away.