A simple and quick way to ensure a super flaky, juicy, and flavorful fish is to bake inside foil packets, in the oven, for just 20 minutes.
These Polluck fish fillets packed with Cajun seasoning and lemon juice adds an irresistible flavor to this inviting meal. This baked fish is very healthy, low-carb, and keto friendly. But, watch out not to overcook the fish.
If you are looking for tasty fish recipes for dinner, look no further, I have a lot both on here and on Youtube.
Ingredients Needed and Recipe Variations.
- Polluck fillets: Use any white fish like cod, halibut, basa, or tilapia. Salmon is also perfect.
- Olive Oil: Adds rich flavor and taste to this recipe. Melted butter is a perfect substitute.
- Cajun Seasoning: A combination of many spices and herbs which is just perfect for fish. You can get this from any grocery store or homemade. Old bay and creole seasoning can also be used.
- Italian Seasoning A perfect blend of many flavorful herbs.
- Garlic and Paprika: Since the cajun seasoning already contains them, I just wanted an extra kick of them.
- Lemon Juice and Slices: For extra flavor and taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Onion and Bell Pepper: Any veggies would work in this recipe.
How to make Bake fish in foil packets.
- Mix all the seasonings in a bowl till well combined.
- Coat the fish and veggies.
- Place in an aluminum foil with the fish on top of the veggies.
- Bake in the oven till cooked through. Test doneness with a thermometer or a fork. Use a fork to check how flaky the fish is.
Can this recipe be made from frozen?
Yes, just make sure you double the baking time.
Fish is best when serve immediately but can be covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a pan, oven, or microwave until it’s warm all through. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before reheating.
What to serve with Baked Fish
- 2-3 Fish fillets I used Pollock fillets
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Parsley optional
- ½ Red pepper sliced
- ½ medium Onion sliced
- 3 tbsp Olive oil or melted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 400℉ on Bake.
- In large a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the fish, onion, and bell pepper. Using a spoon, stir to combine.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the fish to get rid of excess water.
- Put the fish, onion, and pepper inside the marinade and coat gently. You can also use a brush to apply the marinade.
- Spread 2 aluminum foils separately on a flat surface. On each foil, put the onion and pepper, then place the fish on it. Let the onion and pepper act as a barrier between the fish and the foil.
- Put lemon slices on the fish. Then wrap the foil and place it on a baking sheet and let it go to the oven.
- Bake at 400℉ for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your fillet is.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a plate, and serve right away.