This Firecracker Salmon is savoury with a combination of hot sauce, lemon juice, and soy sauce to spice up dinner. A kick of heat with a garlicky and gingery flavour will make your tastebuds scream with joy.
I am sure you know by now that Claudy is the queen of fish recipes both on YouTube and here. You will love this recipe such that you won’t be able to help but save it in your repertoire.
This baked salmon will take your love for fish to the next level and it’s ready in just 30 minutes, so if you want something very quick, easy, and delicious, look no further than this recipe.
Why you will love this recipe
- Easy and quick: A one-pan recipe ready in just 30 minutes. Not complicated at all and with easy to find ingredients with many already in the pantry.
- Spicy yet flavorful: Don’t be scared when you hear the word “firecracker”, This isn’t spicy as it sounds, but the heat can be adjusted according to how spicy you want.
- Can be a plan-ahead recipe: The fish can be marinated overnight or ahead of time to reduce prep time.
- Salmon is a healthy fish packed with many nutrients.
What’s in my Firecracker salmon:
- Salmon Fillet: One large salmon fillet with or without skin. I love the skin on fillets for extra crispiness. Feel free to use individual fillets as well.
- Hot sauce or Sriracha: This is the key ingredient, adjust accordingly.
- Garlic and Ginger: For deep flavour. If you don’t have blended store-bought ginger and garlic paste, blend or mince 2-3 garlic cloves and half a thumb size of ginger.
- Soy sauce: Since soy sauce is salty, make sure you adjust the salt. You don’t want to end up with a salty fish.
- Lemon Juice: This is always perfect with baked fish.
- Black pepper and Salt to taste.
- Olive oil: Can be substituted with avocado, canola, or soybean oil.
- Fresh Herbs
How to make Firecracker Salmon:
- Make the Sauce: In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients till combined.
- Marinade the salmon evenly and let it marinate. The longer it marinates, the better.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes skin side down
- Remove and serve.
How to store:
Salmon will last in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator and freeze for up to 3 months.
What to serve with this.
- 1 lb Salmon fillet with or without skin
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste or ½ tsp of each
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Bouillon powder or seasoning powder
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2-3 tbsp Hot sauce adjust to suit spicy level
- 2 tsp Fresh parsley
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil or any cooking oil
- Salt and pepper taste
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the salmon and stir to combine.
- Pat dry the fish with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the fish, then pour the marinade on the fish. Use your hand or brush to spread the marinade evenly on the fish.
- Cover with a cling film and let it marinate for about an hour to overnight.
- About 10 minutes through marinating time, Preheat oven to 375℉ and line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper.
- Transfer the salmon to the baking sheet or dish and put it in the oven.
- Bake at 375℉ for 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Start checking doneness from 10 minutes. Bake till cooked through.
- Remove from oven, garnish with some parsley, cut, and serve with your favorite side. Check notes for side options.