Juicy Oven Baked Tilapia – Packed with bold flavours and extremely juicy. This baked tilapia is ready in no time, easy to follow and has an irresistible taste.
Baked Tilapia is one of my family’s favourite dinners, and once it’s out of the oven, the perfect side is already ready for us to feast. I cannot count how many times I have grilled or baked tilapia my whole life.
The truth for the matter is I can’t get enough of it.
YOU MAY LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES
Why Choose This Recipe
- Baking a fish traps all the juices within.
- Tilapia is affordable and can be found anytime all year round.
- Low in fat and rich in omega-6 and omega-3 oils.
- Quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients.
How Does Tilapia Taste?
Tilapia is a white fish described as having a muddy taste, but when perfectly seasoned, like in this recipe, it will taste savoury.
Check at the end of this post for the recipe card.
- Whole tilapia
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Salt and seasoning powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Chilli paste
- Make sure the fish is perfectly washed and gutted. Tell your fishmonger to do that for you or buy already prepped fish.
- Make deep cuts on the fish for seasonings to penetrate.
- Create a barrier between the fish and the pan to prevent sticking. You can use parchment paper, a silicon mat, veggies, lemon slices and a baking rack.
- Enough oil should be used on the fish to keep it moist and to have a crispy skin.
- Bake at high temperatures, and be careful not to bake for too long, like the fish will be dry.
What to Serve with Grilled Tilapia
Check out these Side Dishes
- 1 Whole tilapia scaled and gutted
- 1 tsp Bouillon powder seasoning powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- ½ tsp Blackpepper
- ¼ tsp Coriander seeds powder optional
- 1 tsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tsp Chilli sauce or any hot sauce, sriracha
- 1 tsp Parsley dried
- 3 tbsp Olive oil any cooking oil
- Some lemon slices lemon balm, or lemon grass
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the lemon slices and stir well.
- Pat dry the fish with a paper towel and make deep diagonal cuts on both sides of the fish. Pat dry again.
- Using your hand or brush, generously rub the marinade on both sides of the fish and inside the belly, ensuring it goes deep into the slits.
- Put the lemon slices or lemon balm inside the belly of the fish.
- Put fish on the lined baking sheet and put it inside the oven.
- Bake at 400℉ for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Fish should reach an internal temperature of 145℉. Or test with a fork for flakiness.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 3 minutes, then serve.