Oven-Baked Cod – This simple one-pan flaky oven-baked cod and chilled mango salsa is incredibly delicious and ready in 30 minutes. This will be your go-to cod recipe for a busy day which is worth saving in your repertoire.
Apart from red snapper, tilapia and halibut, I love cod. It has a mild flavour, so imagine the taste when marinated with some lemon and garlic. I served mine with some mango salsa; my family couldn’t be happier after eating this deliciousness.
Why Choose This Recipe?
- Cod is a flaky and tender fish when properly cooked, so you wouldn’t want to miss out on this fish.
- A combination of lemon, garlic, and mustard brings out the perfect taste and flavour.
- Ready in just 30 minutes.
- Made with easy-to-find ingredients.
- Fresh thawed Cod fillets: Make sure you pat dry.
- Fresh Ingredients: Garlic, thyme, Lemon juice, and Lemon zest
- Dry Ingredients: Paprika, Salt, black pepper, Cayenne pepper, and Mustard.
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Maple syrup or honey
Can I Use Frozen Cod?
Fresh or frozen Cod will all work. For the frozen cod, ensure it thaws to room temperature and pat dry excess water before seasoning.
Storage and Freezing
It is best when eaten immediately, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated in the oven till hot. You can also pan-sear it with some oil if you want it to be crispy.
What to Serve with Baked Cod
- I served mine with some Mango Salsa, made with mango, jalapeño, cilantro, red bell pepper, red onions, and lemon juice with a pinch of salt.
YOU MAY LIKE THESE RECIPES
- Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Tilapia
- Cajun Red Snapper Fillets
- Baked Red Snapper with Garlic and Herbs
- Fire Cracker Salmon
- Crispy Coated Baked Fish
- Baked Fish Foil Packs
Oven Baked Cod with Lemon and Garlic
- 1 lb Cod fillets
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Maple Syrup or honey
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper optional
- 3 Garlic cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper or baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pat dry the fish with a paper towel and rub the marinade on both sides of the fish.
- Transfer the fish to the baking pan.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes until flaky.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.