This post may contain affiliate links.
Peppered wings is a perfect dish for parties and many gatherings. It is simply crispy turkey wings simmered in a palatable pepper sauce. You might be thinking this is an extra spicy meal, but this isn’t the case. It’s made with a combination of bell peppers which isn’t spicy, but scotch bonnets are being added for a little heat which can be adjusted accordingly. Can watch full Video here.
What to eat Turkey wings with.
- Fried rice
- Jollof rice
- Boiled rice
- Fried ripe plantains
- Boiled Plantains or boiled yams
This recipe can be a plan ahead recipe because, wings can be seasoned and left in the refrigerator to boil later or next day. Or boil and keep in refrigerator for later.
Can I airfry or bake the Turkey wings?
Yes, definitely. If looking for a heathier choice rather then deep frying, air fry, bake or grill till golden brown.
Peppered Turkey Wings
To Boil Turkey Wings
- 3.5 lb Turkey Wings cut into halves
- 1 tsp Thyme or mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Bouillon Powder any Seasoning Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste or 1 tsp of each, ginger and garlic powder
- ½ tsp Blackpepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ Onion Medium, chopped
- 2 Cups Water
For the Sauce
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 2 Scotch bonnets adjust according to spicy level.
- ½ Onion Medium.
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Bouillon Seasoning. any seasoning powder.
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Blackpepper
- ¼ cup Turkey broth
- ½ cup Cooking oil I used Canola.
- 2 sprigs Green Onion chopped, for Garnishing.
- Mixture of Fresh Herbs I used sage and rosemary.
- In a pot, add turkey wings with the above spices and mix well till all the wings gets some of the seasonings.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover and let it boil for about 30 minutes. Make sure to check every 5 mins to add water if needed so it dosen't burn.
- While turkey is cooking, use a food processor or blender, roughly blend bell peppers, scotch bonnets, onions and the fresh herbs. Do not blend green onions, save for garnishing.
- After 30 minutes, separate turkey from broth and either deep fry or air fry till golden brown. I did air fry at 400°F for 12-17 minutes and flip half way through. Remove and set aside.
- In a pot, add cooking oil let it heat up for about 30 seconds. Now add the pepper mix, blackpepper, salt, garlic powder, and seasoning powder. Stir and let it simmer till the oil floats.
- Add about ¼ cup of turkey broth, stir, then bring in turkey wings. Stir till combined for about 3 minutes. Adjust any seasonings.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!