These Perfect Grilled Chicken Wings are so crispy and fall off the bone. Serve them with your favourite sauces, and they are just perfect for game night or dinner.
This is another summer BBQ idea which will become your go-to recipe every time. This recipe is out of the ordinary seasoned chicken wings you will see online. Seasoned with sazon seasoning, chicken bouillon and dried herbs brings out that perfect flavour and taste, which will make you take another one right away.
- Chicken Wings: I used whole chicken wings. You can also use split chicken wings. Make sure you pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess water or moisture.
- Sazon: Perfect for deep flavours. Sazon combines coriander, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. So, if you don’t have sazon, put a pinch of the spices listed.
- Salt and Chicken Bouillon: To taste, you can also use beef bouillon or any Knorr seasoning.
- Poultry seasoning: Adds the flavour.
- Dried herbs or Italian seasoning: You would not want to miss out on those mixed herbs. You can also use any of your favourite herbs; they mustn’t be mixed.
- Garlic powder: For flavour and taste.
Important Recipe Tips:
- It’s very important to know your grill because some display temperature and some don’t. If it doesn’t, check the wings occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- You can also use a thermometer to know the internal temperature. It must be 165 degrees F. Make sure you insert it in the thickest part of the wings.
- Also, you can use a knife to press out the chicken juice. If the juice is clear, the chicken is ready.
- My mom used to put her hand over the grill to test for the heat; I don’t know how that works.
- Do not cook wings for long because they will dry out.
Can I use an Oven?
Yes, you can. Use the grill or broil option and cook at the same time as in the recipe card below.
Can I use Frozen Wings?
Place them on the grill at 350F for 30 minutes. Let them thaw before rubbing the marinade with a brush. But this takes a lot of time. Let it thaw first so that you can enjoy it and save time.
Serve it with your favourite dipping or sauces like BBQ sauce, ranch, Aoili sauce and more.
You May Like These Other Recipes
- Spicy Chilli Garlic Chicken Wings
- Peri Peri Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken
- Butterflied Grilled Chicken
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I always reheat in the oven on a grill or broil. An air fryer can also be a good option for reheating. The microwave makes it soggy, but if you don’t mind, you can use it. You can also freeze the chicken wings.
- Gas grill or oven
- Stainless steel skewers optional
- 1.5 lb Chicken wings whole or split
- ½ tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Sazon seasoning
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Dried herbs or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 1 tsp Chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- Preheat the gas grill to 400℉.
- Add the chicken wings into a large mixing bowl and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well with your hands until the chicken is well-coated.
- Using stainless steel skewers, put the chicken wings on it. If there are no skewers, skip the step.You can grill the chicken wings without the skewers, and it will still turn out good. If using wooden skewers, ensure you soak them in water for about 2 hours or more so they don't easily burn.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill. Grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Flip sides halfway through cooking time and or until the juices run clear. Using a meat thermometer, it has to reach an internal temperature of 165℉.
- I usually turn off the grill and leave the wings on the residual heat for extra crisp.
- Remove the wings and let them cool before serving.