This Juicy and Flaky Oven Baked Red Snapper with deep flavours of herbs and garlic will make you ask for more because this dish is irresistibly inviting and tasty.
Topped with some butter and lemon slices adds flavour and is very easy to prepare. If you have had a long day or want to treat yourself and your family, go for this recipe, and once you try it, you won’t hesitate to save it and make it again.
Ingredients Needed and Recipe Variations.
Please take a look at the Recipe Card below for detailed ingredients.
- Snapper fillets: Any white fish fillets would work just fine. Fish has to be thawed to room temperature before marinating.
- Herbs: You need these for deep flavours and taste. I used a combination of basil, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. You can use 2 of them. Dried herbs will work too.
- Cajun Seasoning: Nothing is perfect on fish than some cajun. Use homemade or store-bought.
- Lemon pepper and Lemon slices: To pop up flavours of the fish and veggies.
- Garlic: For deep flavour.
- Paprika: for taste, colour and flavour.
- Salt and Black pepper to taste.
- Olive oil and butter
- Chilli flakes: For a kick of heat. adjust accordingly
- Cajun seasoning and Lemon pepper contain salt. I suggest mixing your marinate and tasting the salt content before adding salt. I didn’t add salt to mine. Different brands have different salt content.
- Use your favourite herbs. Dried herbs will work.
- Fish can also be pan-seared for 5-7 minutes on each side.
How to make Baked Red Snapper with Garlic and Herbs
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pat dry fish with a paper towel and rub the marinade on both sides. Save 2 tsp of the marinade.
- Season veggies with the remaining marinade and add to a baking dish or sheet.
- Put the fish on the veggies and add butter and lemon slices.
- Bake UNCOVERED in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 15-30 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your fillets.
What to serve with this Fish:
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES
Claudy is the queen of Fish recipes. Check out this List of Fish Recipes
Easy Oven Baked Red Snapper
- 2 Snapper fillets
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic paste Or mince 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1 tsp Blackpepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A sprig of fresh Rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme can use 2 herbs/ or dried.
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt adjust accordingly
- Carrots, tomatoes and bell pepper use any veggies
- Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper if using.
- Finely chop the thyme, oregano, rosemary and basil. Use maybe 2 or any of your favourite herbs.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the fish except the carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper and lemon slices. Adjust the salt because cajun and lemon pepper have salt. Mix well and save about 2 tsp of the marinade.
- Pat dry the fish fillets with a paper towel and rub the marinade generously on both sides of the fish. Set aside.
- Add the carrots, tomatoes, bell pepper, and 2 tsp of the marinade in a separate bowl. Mix until well-coated.
- Add the veggies to a baking dish or sheet, then place the fish on top. Put 1 tbsp of butter on each fillet and add some lemon slices.
- Bake at 400℉ uncovered for 15-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with any side.