You are in the right place if you want something quick, easy, crispy, and tasty for dinner. This Mini Pita Bread Pizza is made with just a few ingredients and is ready in just 10 minutes.
This recipe is customizable because you can play around with your favorite sauces, cheese, and toppings. When I have had a long day, I make these and my kids love them so much because the pita is soft but crispy. They are perfect for busy days, quick lunches, and hearty dinners.
Why Pita Bread as the crust?
- It’s the healthier choice for pizza.
- One of the quick and easiest recipes you will find.
- Kids’ favorite for both lunch and dinner.
- Any type of toppings and cheese can be used.
Recipe Ingredients and Variations.
- Pita Bread: This can be store-bought or homemade. Naan bread or sandwich thins are good substitutions.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Any shredded cheese would work or lactose-free cheese. If you have block cheese, go ahead and shred it accordingly.
- Pizza sauce: Store-bought or homemade is perfect. Pasta sauce, BBQ sauce, and marinara sauce can also be used.
- Pepperoni: Beef and chicken can also be used or can be skipped as well.
- Spices and herbs: I will recommend Italian seasoning which is simply a combination of many herbs or use your favorite herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, etc.
- Toppings: Bell peppers, greens, tomatoes, pineapple, and many types of toppings can be used. Feel free to use as much as you like.
How to make Pita Pizza
- Spread the sauce on the pita bread.
- Sprinkle cheese on the sauce.
- Put pepperoni and toppings.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Let’s now make something quick and delicious.
Easy Pita Bread Pizza
- 2 Pita Breads
- ¼ cup Pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Dried herbs italian seasoning, oregano, basil or parsley.
- 2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil
- Toppings of choice I used yellow bell peppers, jalapeños, olives, pepperoni, and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Place the pita bread on the baking sheet and brush some butter or olive oil on it.
- Spread the sauce on it, without it touching the edges.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce.
- Add spices and toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 350℉ for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and cut with a pizza cutter and serve right away.