This Baked Herbed Pork Chop with Garlic Butter is juicy, tender and flavorfully crusted with fresh herbs. Super inviting recipe which will make your taste buds scream with joy.
Are you looking for something to have for dinner? Then, you are in the right place. An easy recipe ready in just 30 minutes and easy to make.
Seared in a skillet to trap in juice and baked on high heat, you and your family will ask for more. So make sure you always grab some pork chops anytime you go for groceries because this will become one of your favourite dinner recipes.
- Bone-in pork chops: Thin slices preferably, so they cook evenly and quickly.
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs: Thyme, rosemary, oregano and cilantro or parsley. You can also use dried herbs or a combination of your favourite herbs.
- Mustard powder
- Cajun seasoning
- Salt and Black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce (Optional)
Why choose this Recipe:
- Very juicy and tender.
- Ready in just 30 minutes.
- Flavorful and can be served with a variety of sides.
- Can be a plan-ahead recipe.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES.
How to make Pork Chops:
It is sometimes annoying when you make pork chops, and it curls up. To avoid that from happening;
- Use a knife, score or make deep slits on the fat side, cutting through about ½ inch.
- Finely chop the garlic and herbs, then marinate the chops with the rest of the ingredients and the chopped mix.
- Sear each side for 2 minutes, then put some butter slices and lemon juice on the chops and bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Please check the recipe card for more details.
Can this be planned ahead?
Yes, marinate the pork chops and put them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook, but make sure it comes to room temperature before cooking.
What to serve with Lamb Chops
- Skillet Oven safe skillet
- 4-5 Pork chops bone in
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 2 tsp Paprika smoked
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce optional
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 sprig Rosemary, oregano, or ½ tsp dried of each
- 2 sprig Cilantro or parsley
- 1½ tsp Salt adjust if needed
- ½ cup Butter or oil.
- ½ Lemon
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a chopper, finely chop the garlic cloves and herbs.
- Put pork chops in a bowl. Using a knife, score or make deep slits on the fat side, cutting through about ½ inch.
- Add the chopped mix and the rest of the ingredients except the butter and lemon.
- Using your hand, mix until pork chops are well coated.
- Melt the butter in an oven-safe hot skillet on medium heat. Skillet has to be scorching hot. NOTE: If you don't have an oven-safe skillet, you can just use any skillet but make sure you bake on a baking sheet or pan as I did, and also because my chops couldn't fit in my skillet.
- Sear each side of the pork chops for 1 minute so that it has a charred look.
- Repeat process for the rest of the chops but make sure you wipe the skillet before putting next batch and add more butter if needed.
- Transfer seared chops into a baking pan, put some butter slices on each and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8 -10 minutes till cooked through or when the internal temperature is 160℉.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a plate, garnish with parsley and enjoy with your favourite side.