One Pan Easy and Quick Shrimp Fried Rice with garlic, chili, and green onion. A savory option for lunch and dinner. Why not Breakfast? Any time of the day is just perfect for this inviting meal.
In a Chinese restaurant, this is always stable in the menu or buffet. I will never choose any other meal over this, NO WAY! This recipe is so quick and works perfectly with overnight or day old boiled rice. Something about the overnight sweetness I can’t explain. I am not saying that you cannot use same-day boiled rice, that will work just fine. Chinese fried rice is also the perfect meal prep idea.
Recipe Ingredients and Variations.
- Shrimp: Already cooked or raw shrimp can be used. For the raw shrimp, make sure you wash it thoroughly, peel and devein it. Any type of shrimp works just fine, whether small, large, or jumbo.
- Eggs: One of the important ingredients and acts as protein. Must be scrambled and cooked well.
- Cooked Rice: Leftover rice is the best or overnight boiled rice, this is because it’s grainy when cold and not mushy.
- Light and Dark Soy Sauce: I used low sodium for both, adding taste and flavor. If you don’t have both, use either of them.
- Garlic: Adds a deep flavor and kick to this delicacy.
- Green Onions and Onions: Cook some and save some of the green onion for garnishing. Use both the green and white part of the green onion.
- Oil and Sesame oil: This is used to cook the shrimp and to fry the rice. Sesame oil adds a very good and inviting flavor to this dish.
This is best eaten immediately, but any leftovers can be stored in the;
- Fridge for 3-5 days in a sealed container.
- Freeze for up to 3 months, then thaw in the fridge then microwave for a few minutes.
If you are a lover of Chinese food, check this out and you’ll love it.
- 10 -15 Shrimps scaled and deveined
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- 1 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp Light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. Chili crisp
- 4 Garlic cloves roughly smashed
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Seasoning powder
- 2-3 Mini red bell peppers or 1 bell pepper
- ½ Onion
- 2 Green onion
- Salt to taste
- pinch of Blackpepper
- Rinse the shrimp under fresh water and pat dry using a paper towel. Place them in a small bowl and season with light soy sauce and black pepper; mix perfectly.
- In a chopper, add bell pepper and chop them or chop them manually. In another small bowl, crack eggs and, whisk well, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and scramble the eggs until they have a good texture. Then take off the eggs from the heat.
- In the same pot, add more oil and sear the shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown on both sides and fully cooked. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pot, then add sesame oil, and add onion and garlic, stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add bell pepper and stir for 2 minutes.
- Then add cooked rice, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, chili crisp, seasoning powder, salt, and black pepper to the pot, and mix well. Add green onions and mix again.
- Then add the cooked shrimp and scrambled eggs to the pot and stir-fry until everything is well combined.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!