Easy Sausage Rolls Recipe – Super juicy and tasty sausage meat wrapped in buttery puff pastry. With just 3 Ingredients, you will never look at any sausage roll treat.
These are almost similar to pigs in a blanket but trust me, they taste even better. These treats are perfect for a quick snack, picnics, and gatherings.
Perfect finger food for both kids and adults with a buttery sausage flavour.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Puff pastry(store bought).
- Thaw puff pastry according to the instructions on the package. But it’s recommended to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Puff pastry is sometimes hard and tricky to make. If you can make yours, that’s fine.
- Peel the skin of the sausage. Sausage must be uncooked before being rolled in the puff pastry.
- Bake until light brown or golden brown
How to make Sausage Rolls.
Check below for the recipe card.
- Thaw the puff pastry, then preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- On a floured surface, unroll the puff pastry.
- Place the sausage on it and roll. Make sure you cut the puff pastry to fit the length of the sausage. Cut any excess pastry.
- Roll and place it on the baking sheet, seam side down.
- Cut into 2 or 3 portions.
- Use a sharp knife or blade to make slant cuts on each roll.
- Apply the egg wash and bake for 30 minutes.
YOU MAY LIKE THESE OTHER RECIPES
- 450g Puff pastry 2 sheets, ready rolled.
- 5 Sausage roll uncooked, thick
- 1 Egg lightly beaten (egg wash)
- Preheat the Oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Remove the skin from the sausages.
- Open and spread out the puff pastry on the working surface. Place the sausage on it, then cut the excess portion of the pastry. Suppose the sausage fits the length of the pastry. That's fine.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the sausages and puff pastry. Cut the rolls using a knife into 2 equal portions.
- Transfer the rolls to the baking sheet with the seam side facing down and make cuts on it using a sharp knife or blade.
- Brush the egg wash on the rolls and let it go to the preheated oven.
- Bake at 400℉ for 30 minutes.
- Take it out from the oven, let it cool, and then serve immediately.